We usually meet on the first Tuesday of each month starting at 6:30 for a social time. The meeting starts at 7 p.m. in the Camellia Room of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden Center, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd., Fort Worth, Texas 76107.
Please confirm meetings by contacting a board member for verification.
Click on the tabs above to see what is happening.
- Where: Garden Center of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- Hospitality time: 6:30 p.m.
- Program Time: 7 p.m.
- Topic: ASK A ROSARIAN. The experienced CR’s in the FWRS will discuss the secrets of their success and field questions from the audience. The program last year was a rousing success, so be there on Tuesday with questions in hand, prepared for some good “rose talk.”
Rose Rosette Conference
January 13 - Febuary 10
in Farmers Branch
January 23, 24:
Lectures at Weston Gardens
Weston Gardens In Bloom Inc. Annual Rose Sale and Lectures The sale is Buy 3, Get 1 Free (4 for the price of 3) on Friday and Saturday- January 23, 24.
The lecture will be on Saturday at 1 p.m.. This is the largest and best selection of Antique Roses available all year. These roses are extremely tough and hardy for Texas. Our roses have proven their toughness year after year in our harsh Texas conditions.
Come out for the best selection at a great price! Free Lecture @ 1 pm on Saturday, January 24th The lecture will be featuring the toughest and most drought tolerant roses for North Texas.
Have you always wanted roses in your garden, but can't get them to survive? The roses covered in this lecture will survive and brave everything that Texas throws at them. You will learn all the best roses and then be able to buy them at a great deal! Weston Gardens In Bloom 8101 Anglin Drive Fort Worth, Texas 76140
- Event: Regular meeting and Chili Supper
- Topic: “Pruning Your Way to Successful Roses"
- Speaker: Larry Wiley
- Hospitality time: 6:30 p.m.
- Meeting Time: 7 p.m.
- Place: Garden Center of the Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- The chili will be prepared by the board members and members are asked to bring the fixin"s (cornbread, cheese, diced onions, salads, desserts, etc.
- Location: Garden Center of the Fort Worth
- Hospitality time: at 6:30 p.m.
followed by the program at 7 p.m.
- Program: "THE ROSE PARADE EXPERIENCE"
- Speaker: Marilyn Cox, Tarrant County Master Gardener
The FWRS will partner with the Dallas Rose Society to present our Rose Expo and ARS Rose Show on April 18 and April 19, 2015.
It will be held at the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens in conjunction with Flowercade, which is sponsored by the Greater FW Area Council of Garden Clubs, and the Iris Show, sponsored by the FW Iris Society.
In addition to the Expo and its publicly judged classes, there will be certified ARS judges for the rose show. Anyone can enter the Expo and/or the Show. Also, we will sell roses on the FWBG patio April 18 (10:00 – 5:00) & April 19 (12:00- 5:00), and sell buds in vase pens. (We could use the donations of buds for the pens.)
We’ll also have rose bushes for sale, offer a children’s rose craft table, and conduct a “Walk in the Gardens,” a tour of the Botanic Garden for patrons.
A workshop, “For the Enjoyment of Roses,” will be offered in the greeting room on April 19, from 2:00-3:30, conducted by Larry Wiley.
Door Prizes! In addition, we will give goody bags to new exhibitors, to those members of the public who judge the Expo, and to rose bush purchasers. These bags include: coupons, a Rose Prose, a list of Earth-Kind roses, the FWRS pamphlets, “You Can Grow Roses” and “All Roses in FW Botanic Garden”, a pen and pad, and FWRS membership info. We will need people for the education and sale tables, helping the public judges, and someone to maintain the water levels in the vases of the roses on display.
In addition we need trophy sponsors for twenty-one ARS trophies at $15 each (who will be recognized as trophy donors).
SCD Judging School
No meeting in August
Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:58 PM